Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Podcasting

It seems that what were once home movies have turned into "capturing and sharing personal experiences" and the oldtime documentaries seem to have been replaced by "sharing information and events". It seems like all of the equipment has been updated and if you have access to the right technology, you have the ability to produce your own podcast. Hopefully someone besides yourself would want to view it though, not like spending holidays with the relatives and being forced to endure the old family movies!

I like the idea that podcasting can make "education portable" however, it's not interactive. Personally, I prefer systems that are interactive because I like to be stimulated and am an aggressive learner. (I really liked the clicker that Julie mentioned in her blog!) All in all though, I am amazed by the wealth of technology that I am being exposed to and learning about.

**Beatrice**

2 comments:

Julie Marie said...

I think the clicker appeals to the gameshow spirit in all of us! And, to follow it further, I imagine we, the teachers, are the hosts! Podcasting has a similar appeal: we are the producer, director and star. The big issue (and you hit the nail on the head, Beatrice by referring to family movies) is the content -- and also the "why" --- Will we someday podcast our holiday card messages by enclosing a link in our cards? Oh, not me!

BeaL said...

I've often thought that we will only receive e-mail holiday cards-one click and you're done! No stamps required--we'll see:)

**Beatrice**